Monday, July 31, 2017

Tools for the Job - Jabba's Realm - Imperial Assault

Today I have for you a new Star Wars piece that technically is not that new, I just have not shared it yet. This piece was released as part of the Jappa's Realm expansion for Star Wars Imperial Assault that came out in December of 2016. For some reason I am just now getting around to actually sharing it. Maybe because Gen Con is right around the corner and it will be making its debut there, who know. Anyway, here is Tools for the Job...

Tools for the Job
Star Wars Imperial Assault - Jabba's Realm
14 x 11 - Acrylic and pencil on board
Art Director - Deb Freytag
Original - SOLD
© 2016 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

Tools for the Job - Drawing
Star Wars Imperial Assault - Jabba's Realm
17 x 14 - Pencil on paper
Art Director - Deb Freytag
Original - Available soon
© 2016 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

This was an interesting one. The main reason I jumped at this piece was because it needed to have an Aqualish in it and I had yet be asked to do an Aqualish focused illustration. The struggle with many of my Star Wars assignments is that they need to have very specific elements usually crammed into a very thin areas do to the bleed requirements and chrome restriction of the cards they will eventually be on. This one was no different. As you can see from the final production card, all the important information just barely makes into the image...

Tools for the Job in handy dandy card form

In the coming months I will share the process and steps that went into this piece as well as additional thoughts regarding making it. If you attending Gen Con 2017, be sure to stop by Artist Alley table 27 to see this painting first hand!

That is all for another exiting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment