Friday, October 14, 2016

IX9 - Illuxcon 2016 Prep

IX9 is next week and I have been frantically getting ready for this show for weeks. This year will find Illuxcon in its new home in Reading, Pa at the GoggleWorks Arts Center and it will be my first year in the main show! Really looking forward to IX this year and it will be a very long and very full week of travel, setup, showing, take down, and travel. Thrilled to be seeing so many familiar faces and looking forward to meeting new people. I am bringing a ton of art with me, all of which should be arriving in Reading sometime today. This year all of my art if traveling in three large boxes and barring any calamity it will all arrive safely at the GoggleWorks. The blog will be on auto pilot next week with posts about my drawings from Kaladesh, but when I return from IX the following week I will be sure to share my experiences. Until then, I have for you some images of boxes and things going into boxes...

Art in protective candy shells... or bubble wrap, your choice.

Two down, one to go. Slowly but surely it all gets wrapped and boxed up.

A tower of art.
Ranging from 32 - 46 pounds these three boxes contain the bulk of my paintings still in my possession.

Come on FedEx, don't fail me now!
Hopefully all will be as it should be when I open the boxes for set up on Tuesday.

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment