Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Space Coast Comic Con 2016 Recap

We have returned from another fun filled weekend at the Space Coast Comic Con. First, I want to thank David Grace for inviting me to return as a guest artist at SCCC 2016... many many thanks! Second, thank you to everyone who came by the booth over the weekend, shared their stories, took home monsters, and in general, made for a very special weekend. This was their second year as a con and it was super fun. Looking forward to seeing what they have in store for year 3. This time around it was a three day con with a half day on Friday and then a full day on Saturday and Sunday. Got to talk to a lot of people about my work and had some very interesting interactions. There was one kid who was just not able to accept my interpretations of Pokemon and was getting more and more worked up and upset by them. Fun times! All and all, it was a fun weekend at the SPCC and here are some images from my adventures at my table...

All set up and ready to go!

My vantage point from my table. This is what I saw for 90% of the weekend.

A very thin Zuckuss was on the scene.

A wild Umbreon has appeared!

Some of the Empire's finest.

Got to meet a bounty hunter that is near and dear to me.

There were just a *FEW* Star Wars costumes at SPCC.

Tugg was back at SPCC.

A very neat NASA Tom Servo was attending SPCC.

Floridian zombie hunter.

This was the ceiling of the vendor room for the weekend thanks to the MC set up next to me.

Some chalk art that took shape over the weekend.

The front entrance of the hotel and spill over area for vendors.

I got away from my table for a set and took some pictures...

If there had been room in the car this R2 may have come home with us.

Zombie cage.

A wild Blastoise has appeared!

One last look around on a busy Sunday afternoon.

Cardboard Transformer realness.
All images © 2016 Christopher Burdett

That is all for another exciting Tuesday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment