Monday, September 5, 2016

Rock you like a Hurricane Hermine

If you missed it with all the other things going on in the world, a hurricane hit Florida at the end of last week. Tallahassee just missed a direct hit as the west side of Hurricane Hermine glanced us. Being on the east side of a storm like this is the best you can hope for. That said, 80% of the city lost power. One of Tallahassee's biggest assets is its biggest liabilities in storms, our trees. The trees have smashed cars, homes, and a great deal of the power grid. We, personally, dodged many bullets with Hurricane Hermine and many of our neighbors have not been so lucky. As I write this, we do not have power and will most likely not have it back for at least a week. These things happen and we make due. I will not be getting any art made during this time and my office is closed till Wednesday. It could be a LOT worse and I will not be doing any complaining. Even in Tallahassee's current state we are doing better than many places in the world. Not sure how active I will be online this week, especially with little to no access to the net. If things have not improved, I will at least have a break from it all this weekend with my appearance at Space Coast Comic Con.

*UPDATE* After 72 hours the amazing utility works of Tallahassee and surrounding areas that came in to help restored our power. Many are still without and many still have damages that will take some time to repair. We were very lucky.

Here are a few images from my neighborhood...

A few images of the Ent war in out neighborhood

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment