Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Coveted Peacock - MtG - Drawings

I recently shared the original and final versions of my contribution to the Conspiracy: Take the Crown expansion to Magic the Gathering. Today, slightly delayed by hurricane and convention prep, I have have for you the drawings that correspond with the painting. The drawings for the Coveted Peacock come in both standard and toned paper verities...

Coveted Peacock - Drawing
Magic the Gathering - Conspiracy 2: Take the Crown
17 x 14 - Pencil on paper
SOLD
© 2016 Wizards of the Coast

Coveted Peacock - Toned drawing
Magic the Gathering - Conspiracy 2: Take the Crown
14 x 11 - Pencil on paper
SOLD
© 2016 Wizards of the Coast

As the drawings show, as well as the original version of the painting, I just did not know what to do with the magic on the bird's tale until the final stages of the painting. BAH! MAGIC! That is the realm of mad wizards and cursed tomes. And lovely peacock tales. Those little birds got a bit of a rework too. Silly little birds.

Like the painting, these will be available for purchase at Illuxcon 2016 in mid October. If you are interested before then, feel free to contact me with any offers. Once again here is a look at the final version in card form...

Coveted Peacock in handy dandy card form

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment