Friday, August 19, 2016

Overworked Engineer - The Return of Heated Tempers

You may have noticed a few of my freshly spoiled pieces in the coverage of Gen Con 2016 week here on the blog. New pieces finally coming out were not the only thing brought to my attention, the reuse of some of my work also was pointed out to me. As mentioned in my Day 4 coverage of Gen Con 2016, a piece that I had originally created for the Star Wars RPG supplement, Stay on Target, has seen new life as a card in the Star Wars LCG. I present to you the Overworked Engineer...

Overworked Engineer
Star Wars: The Card Game - Redemption and Return
From RPG tp LCG!

If you follow my work, you may better know this piece as Heated Tempers. This was the last digitally painted Star Wars piece that I created for the Star Wars games and was a fun one to work on. I was really happy with some of the work I did in this piece. Here is a look at the original Heated Tempers...

Heated Tempers
Star Wars: Age of Rebellion - Stay on Target 
12.5 x 14.5 - Digital
© 2014 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

With all the extra bleed I have to put on some of these pieces it is no wonder they see new life in the other Star Wars game products. I just wish I knew about them, but that to fans at Gen Con I got to see one of the cards in person and to sign a few of them.

I tried really hard to channel my inner Bothan when I did this piece. Here again is a look at the photo reference that I used for this piece. I wonder when we are finally going to see some Bothans in a Star Wars movie?

Bothan reference! RAWR!
Photos by Achsa Nute

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment