Monday, August 29, 2016

Coveted Peacock - MtG - Conspiracy 2: Take the Crown

With the release of Conspiracy 2: Take the Crown, the newest expansion for Magic the Gathering, I am pleased to bring you my contribution to the set, the Coveted Peacock! Here is how the final Coveted Peacock turned out...

Coveted Peacock - Final
Magic the Gathering - Conspiracy 2: Take the Crown
14 x 11- Acrylic on board with digital edits and finish
PRINTS available at OMA! 
© 2016 Wizards of the Coast

This was a crazy piece to work on and much of the craziness was of my own doing. I decided I was going to try to paint this one traditionally and that led me on a roller coaster of a ride. In the end the piece is mostly still my original painting, but to get it to where I wanted it to be for the final, I did do some digital edits and finishes. Here is what the original painting for the Coveted Peacock looks like...

Coveted Peacock - Original
Magic the Gathering - Conspiracy 2: Take the Crown
14 x 11- Acrylic on board 
Original - SOLD
© 2016 Wizards of the Coast

All originals associated with this piece, drawings and the painting, will debut at Illuxcon 2016 the week of Oct 19 - 23. Feel free to contact me if you are interested in making an offer. Prints of the final version are available now and artist proofs will be available once I receive them. Here is a look at the final card version of the Coveted Peacock...

Coveted Peacock in handy dandy card form

The Coveted Peacock was not the only card of mine in this set. My Ravenous Leucrocota from the Theros block has returned to make an encore appearance! Hopefully this will mean I will have foil artist proofs of the Ravenous Leucrocota available soon as well. Here is a look at the Ravenous Leucrocota in all its glory...

Ravenous Leucrocota
Magic the Gathering - Journey Into Nyx / Conspiracy: Take the Crown
12 x 8.7 - Digital
PRINTS available at OMA!
© 2014/2016 Wizards of the Coast

A HUGE thanks goes out to Dawn Murin for including me on this set and for the Coveted Peacock! It was a ton of fun and I learned a bit while working on this one. Keep an eye on the blog as I will be sure to post when the artist proofs become available and as other news and information becomes available. ...and of course for more of my Magic work in the coming months.

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment