Friday, June 10, 2016

Name the Monster Contest Ends Today! Tilt Brush Preview! Looking ahead to "D" Monsters!

Got a lot of different things for you today. A contest reminder, a peek at things to come next week, and look at the long terms as it pertains to the next waive of monster drawings. Let's start off with the Name the Monster Contest...

Who or what am I?
Leave your answer in the comments below to possibly win this drawing!
9 x 12
- Pencil on paper
© 2016 Christopher Burdett

Here again are some rules, or head over to Monday for the whole story...


  • Tell me who or what this monster is.
  • Submit your entries in the comment section of this blog post or in the comment section of this image when I post it on Facebook on either my account or fan page.
  • Everybody gets 3 chance to tell me who or what this is. Please number them so they are clearly separated.
  • You do not have to submit all your entries at the same time, just make sure you number them.
  • You can submit your entries through Midnight (EST) of Friday June 10th.
  • I will announce the winner and winning name on the blog on Monday June 13th. 
  • If you choose to incorporate the word "RAWR" into your submission it better be AMAZING because I am not looking for hundred variations of cramming "RAWR" into a name.

The office got in a VR set up and I have been playing around with Tilt Brush. Tilt Brush is a VR painting program from Google. I will be doing a full review next week on the blog with lots of images and gifs of what I have been doing. So far I have spent about 2 hours in the program and have three pieces to share. Here is a preview of things to come...

Tilt Brush Monsters! RAWR!

Last but not least, I have begun getting ready to start up on the remaining "D" monsters from the original Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual. If you are not familiar with my Fresh From the Drawing Table series, here is the most recent post with ALL the links. I have already completed five of the "D" monsters, but that still leaves 68. That's right, 68 monsters that fall under the letter "D". Most are Dinosaurs, Demons, Devils, and Dragons. Still working on how best to tackle this mighty pile of monsters. I will need to get a game plan since I will be working on these for a while to come. Hopefully I will have new drawings from this series to you soon. Here is a look at the list...

Demons and Devils and Dinosaurs, OH MY!
68 "D" monsters ready to reimagined

That is all for another exciting Week on the blog, see you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment