Monday, May 16, 2016

Forest Awareness - Star Wars LCG: Press the Attack

This past week saw the release of Press the Attack, the newest expansion to the Star Wars Card Game, which means I now can share another new piece of Star Wars art. I say new, but I painted this way back in February of 2015 and it is just now being released. Good things come to those that wait? No matter, because the wait for Forest Awareness (featuring Teebo) is now over...

Forest Awareness
Star Wars LCG - Press the Attack
14 x 11 - Acrylic and pencil on board
Art Director - Zoe Robinson
© 2016 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

Forest Awareness
Star Wars LCG - Press the Attack
17 x 14 - Pencil on paper
Art Director - Zoe Robinson
© 2016 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

This piece was rather open ended when it was assigned to me. It called for an Ewok doing something that show it looking proficient in the ways of the forest. Some of the suggestions from production were to have the Ewok leading a Rebel soldier though the forest, an Ewok tracking something, or an Ewok hunting... anything that made the Ewok look like it knows what it is doing. The Ewok choice was also up to me so I of course wanted to pick one of the named Ewoks from Return of the Jedi. Teebo was the first to come to mind since he is a master hunter and tracker. Teebo tracking animal tracks in the forest ended up being the focus of the final piece. And I of course had to put blood on Teebo's club since Ewoks are blood thirsty predators.

I will have more to share with this piece in the near future when I share the process that went into it. For now, here is a look at the printed card...

Forest Awareness in handy dandy card form

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment