Friday, May 6, 2016

C-3PO Marvel Sketch Cover and Free Comic Book Day

Tomorrow is Free Comic Book Day and as I previously announced I will be at Fallout Comics. As part of the FCBD festivities I did a mixed media piece on a blank cover release of C-3PO #001 that came out from Marvel Comics a couple weeks ago. Those attending FCBD at Fallout Comics will be the first to give this piece a forever home after that it will be available on my store if I still have it. Here is a look at the final cover...

 C-3PO Sketch Cover on Marvel's release of C-3PO #001
Marker, pencil, and acrylic paint on paper
Original - SOLD
© 2016 Christopher Burdett

This was a really fun low stress piece to work on. It was also very fun to play around with three different material on one piece. This was also a great chance to do a study of my C-3PO 12" figure from the 90's. I don't do a lot of mechanical pieces so this was a fun departure. Hopefully this will be well received and give me a chance to do more of these sketch covers from the Star Wars comics. It was sure a lot of fun to make!

I made sure to capture some images of the cover coming together, so here are some images of the piece coming together as well as an animated progression to better show the difference from step to step. I worked up entire piece in Copic Marker first then went in with pencil. I worked up the entire piece after that going back and forth between marker and pencil. Finally I went in with acrylic paint to punch up the highlights and finish it all off.

C-3PO Sketch Cover progression


© 2016 Christopher Burdett

C-3PO Sketch Cover animated progression


© 2016 Christopher Burdett

Again, I will be out at Fallout Comics in Tallahassee, Fl starting at 10am for the Free Comic Book Day Celebrations. If you are in the North Florida / Panhandle area I hope to see you there!

Fallout Comics • 1484 Apalachee Parkway • Tallahassee, Fl. 32301

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment