Friday, October 30, 2015

Illuxcon 2015 - Part 4

Today I have for you the forth part of my Illuxcon 2015 coverage! If you are not exhausted by the last day of Illuxcon you are doing it wrong. All I knew by Sunday was that I had another full day of the Salon ahead of me followed by take down. It took me close to a full day to get everything packed up and ready for Illuxcon and I had maybe two hours to get it done in reverse. People began to break away and head home throughout the day on Sunday. This is no different from past years and continues to be my least favorite part of Illuxcon... having to go home. When the time came, I got everything boxed up and ready for shipping back to Florida. It took me two hours to tear everything down and to crawl back to the hotel. Not too shabby. ...but exhausting. A rewarding and strangely satisfying exhaustion. 

Illuxcon 2015 was another great event and like each year of Illuxcon attended, a unique and interesting time. Each year is an educational experience and this year was now different. I am still trying to process everything, but I am sure in the coming months I will still be reflecting on my time at Illuxcon 2015. It is wonderful to catch up with friends and to meet new ones. With the move to Reading next year it will mean a whole new experience. I can't wait!

Here are some images of things seen and done at Illuxcon 2015...

The view from the entrance corner to the Weekend Salon.

The view from the corner straight ahead from the entrance.

 The view of the Weekend Salon from the corner opposite the entrance.

The view from the last corner of the Weekend Salon.

The Rebecca Guay alcove.

The happy little Gill-Man is going to a good home! RAWR!

Another sketchbook monster drawing. RAWR!

Finally finished all four of these Ancient Carp sketches. RAWR!

...AND, one last Carp... RAWR!

If you like french fires on your salads... then I know the restaurant for you.

The day of travel began in the sun...

...and ended in rain. And so ends another AWESOME Illuxcon.
Looking forward to next year already!

That's all for another exiting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment