Monday, October 5, 2015

Getting ready for Illuxcon - Frankenstein's Monster

With Illuxcon right around the corner I am hurriedly getting ready for my time in the weekend Salon. My preparations include getting a couple of new personal pieces completed just in time to make their debut at Illuxcon! The first of these new pieces is my take on Frankenstein's Monster...

Frankenstein's Monster
8 x 10 - Acrylic and pencil on board
© 2015 Christopher Burdett

I found the frame for this piece before I began it (that is why the painting has notched corners, it needs to fit in the back of the frame). I knew I wanted to make something that would find a good home in this frame and Frankenstein's Monster seemed like a good fit. Here is how the piece looks in its new frame home...

Frankenstein's Monster
All framed up
© 2015 Christopher Burdett

As with all my paintings there is a drawing for it as well. I will be bringing the drawing with me to Illuxcon as well for those who like drawings more then paintings...

Frankenstein's Monster - Drawing
9 x 12 - Pencil on paper
© 2015 Christopher Burdett

As an added bonus, here is a animated progression of some images I took during the creation of this piece. It came together with out a lot of drama and now is ready to go to a forever home. RAWR!

Frankenstein's Monster - Animated process progression
© 2015 Christopher Burdett

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment