Friday, May 22, 2015

Vorimeraak - Process - Pathfinder Adventure Path #75

I am away from the computers and the monsters are in charge... so of course they are eager to show how they are made. Next up is the Vorimeraak from Pathfinder Adventure Path #75. I first shared these pieces over a year ago, so here is how the final Vorimeraak turned out...
Vorimeraak
© 2014 Paizo Publishing

This may be a surprise to no one who has ever seen this blog, but I started this monster off with some thumbnails. This particular monster is a modified version of an existing Pathfinder monster so a lot of the over all design was already worked out. For my thumbnails I was focusing on a pose and composition that would work for the book. Here is how the thumbnails turned out...

Vorimeraak - Thumbnails
© 2014 Paizo Publishing

With an approved thumbnail in hand it was time for some drawing! I got to scribbling on some paper and in a short time I had myself a drawing of a crazy scaly bird monster with a scythe. Here is how that crazy monster drawing turned out...

Vorimeraak - Drawing
© 2014 Paizo Publishing

The drawing was approved without issue and it was time to get to painting. Over the years these digitally painted isolated figure pieces got to a point that they started painting themselves. I just get in a grove and they come together. Perhaps in eight easy steps or perhaps not, the painting comes together...

Vorimeraak - Process progression

Does it RAWR? I must be done. To better show how this piece came together here is another of those little animated process things...

Vorimeraak - Animated process progression

Another monster is all done, again here is how the final painting looked when it was all done and turned in...

Vorimeraak
© 2014 Paizo Publishing

That's all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

1 comment:

  1. Very cool piece. I like the sense of motion in the single figure, and even more so the textures in the painting; the worn feathers, the craggy skin, and the splashing blood & tar (which really helps with the implied motion).

    ReplyDelete