Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Smokestack - The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia

Last week I shared with you my Gray Wanderer and Corrupted Knight. Today, I have for you the third piece in this series. This piece was finished just before Illuxcon but has not had a chance to get posted until now. I present you with the Smokestack.

Smokestack
9 x 12
Pencil on paper
© 2014 Christopher Burdett
Original - SOLD

I love me a monster mess, and Smokestack is sure a mess of a monster. I will be sharing my thought process for this piece and where I draw reference from, a kind of 'how I think' post, very soon. Hopefully, it will shed some light on how I go about making monsters.

Here are all the other completed monsters for The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia: Aberrant Stilter, Belled Kreep, Corrupted Knight, Dight-Kin, Eau-de-nil Elder, Ethra VanDalia, Footman, Gray Wanderer, Gullet, Humgruffin Mother, Irritated Girasol, Judicator, Kiplorbic Animal Dealer, Lammergeier Transport, Myopic Riflemen, Nimsbane Curse Victim, Ophiomornous Bureaucrat, Petrous Blacksmith, Quincaillerie, Saint Marque, Smokestack, Thrice, Uncanny Scribe, Virulent Artificer, Xandrell Tree, Yote Arms Dealer, and Zombic Spore.

Further details on this piece, like all of these personal monsters on toned paper, will have to wait for another day and, hopefully, a different type of information interface. Fear naught, for all will be revealed in the fullness of time. As a bonus here are some images of the piece as I worked on it.


All images © 2014 Christopher Burdett

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog. See you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment