Thursday, August 21, 2014

IT'S OVER 900!

*Insert Vegeta clip here*

While I was at Gen Con the blog rolled over the 900 mark. This is actually the 904th post. How time flies when you are having fun! Thanks to everybody who has stuck with me so far... because things are about to get interesting (hopefully). I am hoping to make an announcement in early October if all goes well over the next month or two. ...but that is a conversation for another day.

Speaking of Gen Con, it was a really good year for us. Being awarded second place in the Art Show for my Yoda piece was a tremendous honor and it still has not fully sunk in, but Gen Con offered up even more. The whole convention felt different compared to previous years. Maybe it was more busy, maybe I was in a better spot, maybe it was because some of my Magic cards are now out, maybe we were firing on all cylinders, maybe all of these or none of these... The entire convention was WAY more fun and WAY more rewarding. If you missed any of my posts about Gen Con here are handy dandy links:

Gen Con 2014 - Day 0
Gen Con 2014 - Day1
Gen Con 2014 - Day2
Gen Con 2014 - Day3
Gen Con 2014 - Day4

Gen Con also say the release of a lot of my work which means I can now start sharing so much of what I have spent the last year working on. To that end, here are some sneak peeks at the work to come! Starting on Monday I should be bringing you new work...

With the 5th Edition Monster Manual now spoiled I will be sharing with you the 18 monsters I redesigned for 5th Edition and the 5 monsters I illustrated for the book! Here is a peek at one of my favorite illustrations (and redesigns). RAWR!

Lots of Star Wars work got spoiled including the very first creature I got to design from scratch for the SW Universe! Here is a peek at its hand. RAWR!

The first of my Kaijudo cards are finally being released! I have three cards in the new set and I can't wait to share them. Here is a peek at one of the cards. RAWR!

That is all for another exciting Thursday on the blog, see you back here tomorrow! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment