Friday, August 15, 2014

Gen Con 2014 - Day 1

Day 1 of Gen Con 2014 came and went in the blink of an eye. A wonderful blink of an eye filled with signing cards, doing sketches, catching up with friends, seeing familiar faces from previous Gen Cons, and SO much more! This was the best first day at Gen Con that we ever had and we hope it is a sign of things to come. I can't believe one day of the con is already over! Luckily I took some pictures during the day so that I could remember it all later...

My booth is all set up and ready for Gen Con 2014!
Finished up everything just in time for the doors to open...

This was the very first thing I got to do before the doors even opened and as this is my first major convention as a Magic artist this was pretty rad! 

I am surrounded by some good friends this year, the my right is Pete Mohrbacher and his giant banner (that was too big and had to be taken down)...

 ...and to my left is the amazing Ralph Horsley who we have shared space at Gen Cons past.

A glimpse down our side of the row.

I did a lot of sketches on Day one... and they had a spacey theme to them... RAWR!

Groot was the winner hands down! RAWR!

My Yoda card showed up to be signed as well.
It looks SO good in person... if I do say so myself :P

More Groot! 
This time as a Magic card alter... RAWR!

That is all for Day 1 of Gen Con 2014, see you back here tomorrow for coverage of Day 2! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment