Monday, June 9, 2014

Yucatan Adventures - Tulum

I was able to spend a week exploring the Yucatan and the wonders held within recently and I will be sharing a bunch of images this week on the blog of the Mayan ruins and places that we visited. In total, we visited five separate sites and they each offered up a different look at the Mayan civilization. If you are planning on visiting the Yucatan I highly recommend each of these sites and I STRONGLY encourage investing in a private guide at each. The experience was greatly enhanced with a guide, especially at Ek Balam. If you are not interested in Mayan ruins and the environment of the Yucatan, then I will see you back here next week...

Starting things off is... Tulum. On the eastern coast of the Yucatan looking out onto the Caribbean Sea our first stop could not have been more picturesque. We could not have asked for a more beautiful day and there were iguanas at every turn to chase and study. I present to you, Tulum...

All images © 2014 Christopher Burdett

That is all from Tulum, tomorrow we journey inland to Coba, an the second tallest pyramid in the Yucatan.

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here tomorrow. Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

2 comments:

  1. The Yucatan is awesome! I was there on a guided tour with an archeologist a couple of years ago. We visited Tulum, Chichen Itza, Uxmal, Kohunlich, and Becan, and a few more I forget the name of. That was pretty cool. Seeing your photos really brought back a lot of great memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We visited Tulum, Coba, Chichen Itza, Uxmal, and Ek Balam. Wish we could have done more... but then that is a reason to return. Glad to hear you are enjoying the photos! More are on their way :)

      Delete