Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Taking a break: Eating Demon - Angel Season 4

As mentioned on Monday I am taking a little break on the blog since I am a little overwhelmed elsewhere. In my absence, here is some stuff I have never shared from my days in the Makeup FX industry! Today I have for you the Eating Demon from Angel season 4.

For this monster of the week I was the lead on the design, did some of the painting on the makeup, went to set with it to help out, and did some of the puppeteered on the dangly bits in the mouth which I don't think ever showed up on camera as even moving. All the other aspects of production... sculpting, lead paint, casting, seaming, application were all handled by the other skilled artists at Almost Human back in 2002.

Enough talk, here is the Eating Demon...

Eating Demon on set - RAWR!

My crappy original sketched for the design.
(somebody on the writing / creative team for the show saw Blade 2 that summer and wanted to have one of those super vampires with the opening mouth on Angel... so we had to make one)

Digital makeup concept #1

Digital makeup concept #2


Digital makeup concept #3 (and the winner)

Makeup sculpture prior to molding.

Makeup application on set.

Makeup applied and now we wait to go to set.

Eating Demon on set.
Eating Demon on set.

All images © Christopher Burdett / Work © Almost Human

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you hopefully back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment