Monday, March 10, 2014

Barada

Back in December I shared with you a drawing based off of some of the alien monsters seen in Jabba's palace from the Return of the Jedi. Today I have for you a small acrylic painting based of the Barada in the drawing. Here is how the finished piece turned out...

"Barada"
  5 x 7 - Acrylic, pencil, and gouache on board
Original available for sale on my Web Store!
© 2014 Christopher Burdett

I have been really wanting to do more traditional paintings, and to that end I need to practice and work on my traditional skill set. As previously mentioned, I have also been focusing on making images that pay tribute to the things that influenced me. Hopefully this is the first of a series of small studies that will based off my Star Wars work. ...and I hope this will be well received at conventions this year.

I am happy with how it turned out and I am looking forward to the next one. As an added bonus, here is a bunch of images of this piece taking shape. I tried to document a lot of the steps so you can see how I fumbled and stumbled through this piece...

All images © 2014 Christopher Burdett

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment