Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Children of Yuletide

I am proud to announce that I am talking part in the group show, Children of Yuletide, next month in Philadelphia! Children of Yuletide features 21 artists depicting Pagan/Non-Abrahamic winter festivals (and monsters) from around the world. Who are these artists? Well, have a look at this list... Alan Brown, Christopher Burdett, Mike Bukowski, Jeanne D'Angelo, Keely Dolan, Heather Gargon, Eden Gorgós, Justin Gray, Kat Gun-Art, Gunsho, Sam Heimer, Trevor Henderson, Jeremy Hush, Alina Josan, Erin McCown, Brynn Methany, Alicia Neal, Paul Romano, Dylan Garrett Smith, Ketch Wehr and Jenn Woodall.

The very talented Mike Bukowski is curating this show and he made the MOST excellent poster...

CHILDREN OF YULETIDE
Opening reception November 15th 7pm - 9pm
Grindcore House
1515 S 4th St Philadelphia, PA 19148

I will not be there, but my art will be. I am very excited about the piece I have in the show and I have been working on it for awhile now. I am keeping my piece under wraps until the show opens, but  I will say it is a piece for subject matter that I have been wanting to tackle for a LONG time. It is also the largest drawing I have done in... well... a VERY long time. Those watching my Instagram and Facebook Fan Page carefully will have seen several sneak peeks of what I have cooking up. If you missed them... here they are...

Secret feet...
© 2013 Christopher Burdett

Secret face...
© 2013 Christopher Burdett

More secret feet... in a basket...
© 2013 Christopher Burdett

Once the show opens I will post my piece here on the blog, and hopefully a kind soul in Philadelphia will send me some pictures of the opening so that I can share them here as well. If there are anything new to share as the opening approaches you will see it here on the blog! RAWR!

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment