Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Magic the Gathering - Theros - Loathsome Catoblepas

Over the weekend at PAX Prime there was a world building panel for the new set of Magic the Gathering that releases very soon. During the panel an image was shown that now allows me to share two things... First, last year I started working on Magic the Gathering... Second, I can now share my first card with you!
 
"Loathsome Catoblepas" - Magic the Gathering - Theros
PRINTS available at OMA!
© 2013 Wizards of the Coast

I currently do not know the official final name (now updated with official name!) or any of the stats and mechanic but once I find out I will be sure to post about it here. I have been patiently awaiting the first signs of my MtG cards to surface and now that they have I am looking forward to sharing them as well as the process that went into creating them. Here is the slide that was in the PAX Prime presentation...

Slide from PAX Prime MtG presentation
concept / final card art
© 2013 Wizards of the Coast

I am sure it will not be too long before I have more to share about all this, so stay tuned to the blog for more information and details!

That is all for a very exciting special Tuesday post here on the blog, see you back here tomorrow! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on working on Magic Chris! The card illustration looks great; can't wait to see it in person once the card set is released.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lance! Really appreciated! You and me both, the waiting has been brutal... and I have been waiting since this time last year.

      Delete
  2. Hey Chris, congratulations on working on Magic! I have to say that I am very jealous, hopefully one day I'll be able to produce something for the game.

    The artwork looks awesome, and I think you have made yourself a great fit for the game. Did you produce this work traditionally or digital? Would it be too much trouble if I sent you a quick email with a couple of questions about working on Magic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lee! This piece is digital. I have drawings and sketches for this piece that are on paper, but the final is digital.

      I would be happy to answer some questions as long as it does not break my NDA. Not sure what the questions are and if I have answers, but I will do what I can.

      Delete