Monday, April 1, 2013

The Village of Hommlet - Lubash the Ogre

The March issue of Dungeon magazine was released at the end of the month. Dungeon #212 features the article adventure, The Village of Hommlet and there was at least one monstrous creature in it. I was asked to create a portrait of the Ogre mercenary, Lubash, and here is how it turned out...

Lubash the Ogre - The Village of Hommlet
© 2013 Wizards of the Coast

Well, that is how it turned out before I made a vignette of  it for the article. If you are running the adventure or happen to be looking through Dungeon #212 you will see something that looks more like this...

Lubash the Ogre - The Village of Hommlet (FINAL)
© 2013 Wizards of the Coast

This was a fun one to shoot photo reference for... since I have not been a D&D Ogre yet. They wanted Lubash to have some personality and I was happy to ham it up for the camera doing my best Ogre impersonation under some dramatic lighting. Needless to say this will be my new avatar, been itching for this piece to release so I could use it! And remember kids, it is better to try to get out of the way of an axe and not to stop it with your face... As always, I would like to thank Kate Irwin for involving me on this project and for her art direction!

In the coming weeks I will have for you my concepts, sketches, and the process step by step breakdown for this piece. 

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment