Monday, February 4, 2013

Very Near Mint volume 3 - Kickstarter

If you are familiar with the blog then the names Very Near Mint and Justin Peterson might be familiar to you. If not, Very Near Mint is an AMAZING series of graphic novel by the ridiculously talented Justin Peterson. Justin currently has a new Kickstarter up to fund the publishing of the third volume in the Very Near Mint epic super amazing trilogy! The good news is that the book is already funded, the BETTER news is that are also a bunch of great additional rewards already unlocked that you can receive by funding at the right price point! Head over to the VNM volume 3 Kickstater for all the details!!! ALSO, if you are thinking to yourself, "But I don't have volume 1 or 2, why would I fund volume 3?", don't worry, Justin has you covered!

Cover of Very Near Mint volume 3
© 2013 Justin Peterson

If all the additional prints, cards sets, and name badges aren't enough of an incentive to own a great book like VNM, then maybe the fact that my art is in all the volumes will help seal the deal. I have contributed a pin up for all the volumes of VNM (and Uncanny VNM) and I am happy to say that I will have a piece in Very Near Mint volume 3! Here is a look at my previous contributions...

My previous contributions...
Pins ups for VNM vol 1, Uncanny VNM, and VNM vol 2
Characters © 2013 Justin Peterson / Art by Christopher Burdett

The piece that I have produced for Very Near Mint volume 3 will be in full color and will fracture some things I have not drawing since I was a youth and have been itching to revisit. I am really happy with how it turned out and I think Justin is as well. I will leave you with a sneak peak of things to come...

Crappy sneak peak of super awesome amazing brand new pin up for VNM vol 3!
© 2013 Christopher Burdett

Again,  head over the Kickstarter to take advantage of all the bonus Kickstarter exclusives as well as help fund this amazing book! What are you waiting for??? GO NOW!

That is all for another exciting Monday, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

5 comments:

  1. Not saying that I wouldn't mindlessly go buy a product based on your word Chris, but can you tell me what is it about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VNM centers around two guys that run a comic book store, Sam and Colin, and there adventures dealing with the arrival of a new comic shop across the street. Of course the comic shop across the street is run by the duos secret archenemy! Justin's writing is sharp and funny and I love his drawing style. In my opinion it is a great read and I enjoyed it a lot and can't wait for the third volume. I would not steer you wrong.

      Delete
  2. Awww the alien is really cute in a way... I'll check it out the comic too. Sounds really cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! They are great books and I can not speak highly enough about them!

      Delete