Friday, February 22, 2013

Beastly Thug

My studies continue and this time it is an Echidna with a dagger! You might remember my related posts about the Beastly Caster, Beastly Fighter, Beastly Archer, Beastly Scribe, Beastly Pirate, Beastly Rider, and Beastly Mercenary. I am trying to make the most of my personal drawing time by incorporating more reference to hopefully improve my overall drawing skills. So today on the blog I have for you the eighth of my studies...

 Beastly Thug
© 2013 Christopher Burdett

I have been carrying around a picture of a baby echidna in my resource folder for awhile and I have been wanting to do something fun with it.  The stars aligned and this happened. Look out! He is going to shank you with his dagger. Turning a cute little baby echidna into a blood thirsty knife wielding brute seem TOTALLY a natural and logical direction to take this piece. My work schedule for the last couple months has been very full so I have not had much free time to draw for myself. When I was able to make some time for this piece it came together very quickly. It might not be apparent but I was trying some different mark making out on this piece just to see that results they offered. Use reference, try something new, and be happy with the results, pretty sure I covered all the bases on this one. Not sure I can add much more this drawing... except echidnas are neat and have some really unexpected anatomy...

That's all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday for some new work! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment