Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Monster Portrait Study

A quick one today, much going on and little time to dally on the interwebs. I am in the midst of working a few humanoid monsters and they needed to have some personality. While they are all well on the way to having more then enough personality I still wanted to make sure I had my brain around the aspect of it all. I spent some time this past weekend working on a study from a photo I took on Thanksgiving. This is how it turned out...

Monster Portrait Study
© 2012 Christopher Burdett

Been feeling a little off lately when it has come to my personal drawings. As the events of this year quickly wrap up making time in my schedule to draw for myself has become a little difficult. Been feeling a little rushed while drawing and it has resulted in just a few balled up pieces of paper and some drawings that just didn't turn out they way I felt they should have. This drawing was servings two purposes, one was to work on giving a monster some personality and the second purpose was to shake the funk off and really give myself some time to draw for myself to make something I am happy with. I think this piece was successful on both. I did have great reference to work with! RAWR!

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment