Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Slaves of the Oba

Earlier in the month a new article in Dragon magazine #414, Slaves of the Oba, went up on the Dungeons & Dragon website and I contributed a piece to the article! Corrupted primal spirits terrorizing villagers in the Dark Sun campaign setting? Count me in! Here is how the piece turned out...

Slaves of the Oba
© 2012 Wizards of the Coast

I am a little behind in posting new work since it seems like so much hit this month as well as loads more being previewed at Gen Con. I would like to thank my friend Nicholas Rich for the impromptu reference shoot, he make a great villager who is about to meet a very unpleasant end. I had a lot of fun with this piece and it is always a joy to design and illustrate a new monster for D&D. I will have a walk through and process post for this piece in the near future. As always, I would like to thank Kate Irwin for involving me on this project and for her art direction!

That's all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday for a monster starting with the letter "C". Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

1 comment:

  1. Chris,

    Thanks so much for including me in it. Your direction is always fun to work with, especially when I know the end product is going to be like this! I hope the street lighting was good enough fer' yah!

    Gosh, your handling leaves it hard to tell if you are digitally rendering or using real live paint!

    ReplyDelete