Friday, September 9, 2011

The Project That Never Was (Part 2)

Back in June I brought you the first post about a big project that I worked on back in 2008. The project died before it ever saw completion and the work I produced for it has remained sealed away every since. ...until NOW. Please keep in mind while I can now share my work I can not divulge any other details regarding the project. If you missed any of this series of posts, you can see them here: PART 1, PART 2, PART 3, PART 4, PART 5, PART 6, and PART 7.

In this second installment of turnarounds I have the first of several variations on a theme. The 'Devil Dude' was one of the pieces I was able to have complete control over in the concept phase. It came together really quickly and seemed to be well received. Once designed I had to create a lot of specialized variations based off the 'Devil Dude' template. Before I say to much, bring on the monsters...

'Devil Dude' Turnaround
© 2008 Wizards of the Coast

'Devil Dude - now with AXE POWER' Turnaround
© 2008 Wizards of the Coast

I will bring you more 'Devil Dudes' soon. Looking back I was a little surprised with just how many of these I created. They could have been awesome... oh well... Not every project can see the light of day and not everything that is begun can be completed.

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact
me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment