Monday, September 12, 2011

Blood Bowl: Team Manager

Starting the week off with something new! Many moons ago, I was approached to work on a little game called Blood Bowl for the good folks at Fantasy Flight Games. I thought of orcs and goblins or even rat men... turns out I was assigned an elf. Not even a dead elf, but a hero to elf kind... Prince Moranion. Not really a monster, but I was tasked to make him look awesome, and I tried my best. Enough talk, on with the monster... er, I mean elf...

Prince Moranion
© 2011 Fantasy Flight Games

There is a little story on how this elf came to be mine, but I am not sure if that would be appropriate to mention here. All things considered, it was a fun piece to work. The silliness on the forums speculating if the game would ever come out due to production delays is another matter. Not much to say other than that, this project went REALLY smoothly for me, and it was over quickly. This was another project I got to see at Gen Con and was given permission to now show. I still have not seen the final production card, but I was told it definitely made it into the game.

That is all for today, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website:
www.christopherburdett.com

3 comments:

  1. That's a really beautiful piece of art!

    Makes me love High Elves more than ever. From the looks of it, you're more of a Nurgle kind of guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They didn't appear in any of the Expansions in the end...which is really disappointing, since High Elves is my favourite Faction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, it was never used, but that is the way of things in the gaming industry. It sometimes feels like I have had as much work never see the light of day as I have had released.

      Delete