Monday, February 7, 2011

ArtOrder - Strength Character

The weekly Concept Tuesday events on ArtOrder have returned and I can't be more thrilled! For those unfamiliar with Concept Tuesday, each week a new challenge is posted and the submissions are compiled the following Tuesday. Here is my submission for this week's challenge...

Strength Character
© 2011 Christopher Burdett

The challenge was to create a character race based on the idea of STRENGTH that would exist in the world that is being created as part of world building exercise on the ArtOrder forums. It is a world of high magic and long lost technology where the great empires have fallen and last heroes fly through the skies on magical motorcycles fanning the fires of hope. You can find more details about all this HERE.

I had a lot of fun with this guy. You better watch out, he has a grenade! I imagined him being able to fly his cycle with the little arms while he swings his club with the big arms. Though strong and natural fierce warriors they are also capable of delicate tastes and are natural mechanics and artisans. They have durable natural armor as skin, something possibly elemental, akin to earth and stone. I am still playing with how tall they should be, though currently I see them shorter then an average human.

Make sure you visit ArtOrder tomorrow to check out the line up! That is all for today, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact
me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment